Connecting You to the Omaha Metro
The Metro bus system offers service to more than 2,500 bus stops across the Omaha metro area.
Whether you’re heading to work, going to school, running errands or anything in between, Metro will connect you to the places and people that matter most to you.
Get Moving with Metro
Frequently Asked Questions
Are face coverings required to ride the bus?
Face coverings must be worn to ride Metro buses and MOBY paratransit vans, and at Metro facilities, including transit centers, ORBT Stations, bus shelters, and Metro’s office. Face coverings must cover both the face and nose of the wearer.
Effective Monday, February 1st at 11:59 p.m., riders not adhering to the Center for Disease Control’s public transportation mask order – in accordance and consistent with Executive Order 13998 – will be denied access to Metro buses, paratransit vans or facilities, including bus shelters, ORBT stations, and transit centers. Metro is also asking riders to wash their hands and social distance when possible.
What disinfectant does Metro use to clean buses?
Metro understands that the use of some disinfectants may impact riders with chemical sensitivities. To help riders plan their travel and understand what to expect on board, the disinfectant that Metro currently uses is listed here:
Betco pH7Q, a one-step disinfectant, germicidal detergent, and deodorizer, containing didecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride, n-Alkyl (C14 50%, C12 40%, C16 10%) demethyl benzyl ammonium chloride, and other inert ingredients.
How do I know when and where to catch Metro?
Are Metro buses wheelchair accessible?
- Yes! Every bus has a ramp and space for two wheelchairs. In addition, the buses can kneel — the front door lowers for easier access.
- If you want to use the ramp or have the bus kneel, please ask the bus driver when the front door opens, and they will activate these features for you.
- If a disability prevents from traveling on a bus, Metro operates MOBY, an ADA-certified, complementary paratransit origin-to-destination service.
Is there priority seating?
Priority seating for people who are elderly or have a disability is located in the front of the bus and designated by a decal posted in the windows directly adjacent to the seats.
How do I know I am boarding the correct bus?
The destination and route number are displayed on digital signs located above the windshield and to the left of the front door. Some buses also have the route number on the rear. If the route number on the bus matches the number shown on your schedule or trip planner, hail your bus! Learn more on our How to Ride page.
How much does it cost to ride Metro?
A single ride on Metro costs $1.25 for an adult. For a full list of ticket prices, visit our Fares & Passes page.
Where do I pay my fare?
The farebox is located at the front of the bus next to the driver.
Fareboxes accept U.S. currency, including all coins and bills up to $20, and Metro fare cards. The top of the farebox has three slots:
- The lower slot accepts coins;
- The middle slot accepts dollar bills;
- The top slot accepts and activates fare cards and value cards. Once activated, passes must be swiped in the magnetic swipe slot.
Do I pay to transfer?
If you wish to transfer, ask your driver for a transfer card at the beginning of your trip, pay the transfer fare of 25 cents, and take the transfer card issued by the farebox.
For further details, please see our How to Ride.
How do I signal the bus driver I want to get off?
- About a block before you want to get off, alert the driver by pulling the cord or pushing the stop button.
- Remain seated until the bus is stopped — the driver will open the rear door for exiting.
- Once off the bus, be sure to not cross in front of the bus.
Do Metro buses stop in construction zones?
How do I access Wi-Fi on Metro buses and at transit centers?
You can access Metro’s free Wi-Fi by finding your bus or transit center in your device’s Wi-Fi settings.
- On buses, look for “Metro_Bus#” (ex. “Metro_1801”)
- At transit centers, look for “Metro_TransitCenter” (ex. “Metro_Westroads)
Accept the terms of service to connect!