For additional languages click here.
- Voice : 341-0800
- TDD : 341-0807
When calling be prepared to tell the Customer Service Operator where your trip starts, your destination, and the times you want to arrive and return. Also when calling have a pencil and paper ready to record your trip information. Customer Service hours are:
- 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
- 7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Saturday
- 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Sunday
If you use a Metro Reduced Fare ID for students, seniors, disabled, or Medicare, please have the ID ready to show the operator when you deposit your fare.
Metro is closed administratively and does not operate bus or MOBY service on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Signs & Schedules
Individual schedules are available for each route in the system, and include:
- Boarding times, listed by travel direction and day type, at selected time points along the route.
- A route map identifying areas served by the route.
- Information on fares, holiday service, Customer Service phone number (voice & TDD), and reduced fare eligibility criteria.
- Transfer points and the routes you can transfer to.
- Not every route operates 7 days a week, so be sure to check that your route operates the day of the week you want to travel.
The final destination and route number are displayed on digital signs located above the windshield and to the left of the front door. Newer buses have the route number on the rear. If the route number on the bus matches the number printed on your schedule, hail your bus!
Stay by the bus sign and wave your arm to have the bus stop. Be at the stop three to five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive. If you have questions, or want to confirm this is the correct bus to reach your destination, ask the operator prior to boarding.
Please let seniors and the disabled board first. The center facing seats located in the front of the bus are reserved for seniors and the disabled.
In the event you must stand, please move behind the white line and as far to the rear of the bus as possible. This allows the operator to see the rear door and make room for additional passengers. For your safety, please use the handholds on the seats and overhead rails since buses may have to make sudden stops.
Fareboxes accept and validate U.S. currency only, including all coins and bills up to $20, and Metro pre-paid fare cards. The top of the farebox has three slots:
- The lower accepts coins;
- The middle accepts dollar bills;
- The top accepts / activates fare cards and value cards. Passes, once activated, must be swiped in the magnetic swipe slot. If a fare is rejected, farebox “warbles”.
Passenger must pay fare with either cash or a different card. When paying with coins, please only insert one coin at a time. Metro urges passengers to use exact cash for fares, but the farebox will provide value cards for any cash over payments, which can be used as future fare credit or can be combined with additional cash to make up the difference in the required fare. Value cards are valid for 90 days after issuance, and are not redeemable for cash. Operators are not allowed to make change or handle money.
A transfer is required for persons riding more than one bus to reach their destination. A transfer must be paid for when the fare is deposited and is issued by the farebox. The backside of the transfer has the following information: time issued, date, bus number, route number and the time the transfer expires.
- Not good for stopovers.
- No round trips allowed. Good for travel only in one general direction.
- Transfer must be secured at time fare is paid.
- Customers must transfer at the first point of contact with the route they want to transfer to and only at designated transfer points. Transfer points and connecting routes are listed on every schedule.
- FRAUDULENT USE; No person shall sell, trade, exchange, give away or offer for passage a transfer in violation of the rules of the Authority.
- Keep transfer in presentable condition.
- In case of dispute, customer is required to pay fare and notify the main administrative office at 341-0800.