Metro Transit Begins Executive Search
April 13, 2020
Metro Transit has begun a national search to hire its next chief executive, as Executive Director Curt Simon will be retiring this fall after more than 33 years of service.
Metro’s Board of Directors has enlisted a national search firm, Krauthamer & Associates, and a task force comprised of staff, elected officials, community leaders, and representatives from the business and philanthropic communities to help guide the search. The task force includes:
- Denise Finken; Director of Finance; Metro Transit
- Dennis Hogueison; President; Transport Worker Union Local 223, Metro Transit
- Willie Barney; Founder, President, and Facilitator; Empowerment Network
- Vicki Quaites-Ferris; Director of Operations; Empowerment Network
- Tony Vargas; Senator, District 7; Nebraska Legislature
- Chris Rodgers; County Commissioner, District 3; Douglas County Board of Commissioners
- Kevin Andersen; Deputy Chief of Staff, Economic Development and Development Services; City of Omaha
- Jeff Kutash; former Executive Director; Peter Kiewit Foundation
- Brenda Dooley; Senior Vice President of Facilities; First National Bank
“Curt has built a solid foundation, and we are anxious to find our next leader to continue the momentum,” said Jay Lund, Vice Chair of the Board. “This will be an incredible opportunity as we look to a regional transit system, build community partnerships, and prepare to launch our first rapid transit line, ORBT.”
The search will culminate with candidate recommendations to the Metro Board, who will make the final selection.