MetroNEXT Meeting: Round 1 (Understanding the Landscape)
Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Register and join the meeting at publicinput.com/MetroNEXT-Round1.
Accessing the meeting
Metro is using the publicinput.com platform to provide participants with multiple ways to interact:
- The meeting can be viewed at publicinput.com/MetroNEXT-Round1 (be sure to click the play button); participants can comment directly onto the publicinput.com comment boxes
- Listen by phone: (512) 580-8850; code: 9914
- Participate by text message: text U460 (U four six zero) to (512) 580-8850
- This is one of three meeting opportunities during Round 1. Each will cover the same information.
- In addition to this meeting, Metro will provide opportunities for input through surveys, mapping tools, and a variety of other methods.
- The community feedback period for this round will close on April 8th. This meeting will be recorded and held in English with a Spanish translator available.
- A summary of meeting materials will be available on ometro.com/MetroNEXT and can be mailed by request.
- In Round 1, Metro will establish a common baseline by reviewing ridership numbers, demographics, and other factors. Community feedback will guide future ORBT and other high-frequency transit corridor selection.
About the process
MetroNEXT is a yearlong planning & public involvement initiative by Metro Transit to guide and prioritize future public transportation improvements for the Omaha region. The process will result in the MetroNEXT Plan, a multi-year transit enhancement strategy for the agency. Throughout the MetroNEXT process, we will consider:
- More frequent bus arrivals
- Better bus stops, including passenger shelters and route information
- Future ORBT lines
- New service types to connect the region
- Potential service expansion