Metro has launched a national search to hire its next chief executive. For more information on this role, see the Opportunity section below.
Metro’s Board of Directors has appointed a search committee of board members Jay Lund and Amy Haase.
The search committee has enlisted a national search firm, Krauthamer & Associates, Inc., and a task force comprised of staff, elected officials, community leaders, and representatives from the business and philanthropic communities. Members include:
- Denise Finken, Metro Transit
- Dennis Hogueison, Metro Transit and Transport Worker Union Local 223
- Willie Barney, Empowerment Network
- Vicki Quaites-Ferris, Empowerment Network
- Chris Rodgers, Douglas County Board of Commissioners
- Kevin Andersen, City of Omaha Mayor’s office
- Tony Vargas, Nebraska Legislature District 7
- Jeff Kutash
- Brenda Dooley, First National Bank
- Dennis Johnson, Sort Sol Group
The search will culminate with candidate recommendations to the Metro Board of Directors, who will make the final selection.
For additional information or to submit a resume, please contact Gregg A. Moser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the News
- “Curt Simon, Metro Transit’s executive director, will retire after more than 33 years of service” [Midlands Business Journal – 2/21/20)
- “Metro transit executive director will retire, setting up search for successor” [Omaha World-Herald – 1/31/20]