At its July board meeting, Metro’s Board of Directors passed a resolution to offer the position to Lauren Cencic, currently a Senior Director at the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority, making her Metro’s first female chief executive.
Metro’s Board of Directors appointed a search committee of board members Jay Lund and Amy Haase.
The search committee enlisted a national search firm, Krauthamer & Associates, Inc., and a task force comprised of staff, elected officials, community leaders, and representatives from the business and philanthropic communities. Members included:
- Denise Finken; Director of Finance; Metro Transit
- Dennis Hogueison; President; Transport Worker Union Local 223, Metro Transit
- Willie Barney; Founder, President, and Facilitator; Empowerment Network
- Vicki Quaites-Ferris; Director of Operations; Empowerment Network
- Tony Vargas; Senator, District 7; Nebraska Legislature
- Chris Rodgers; County Commissioner, District 3; Douglas County Board of Commissioners
- Kevin Andersen; Deputy Chief of Staff, Economic Development and Development Services; City of Omaha
- Jeff Kutash; former Executive Director; Peter Kiewit Foundation
- Brenda Dooley; Senior Vice President of Facilities; First National Bank
The search culminated with candidate recommendations to the Metro Board of Directors, who made the final selection.
- “Metro Identifies New CEO”
- “Metro Transit Begins Executive Search”
- “Metro Transit Executive Director to Retire”
In the News
- “Metro names new executive director as transit grows in Omaha” [Omaha World-Herald – 7/30/20]
- “Curt Simon, Metro Transit’s executive director, will retire after more than 33 years of service” [Midlands Business Journal – 2/21/20)
- “Metro transit executive director will retire, setting up search for successor” [Omaha World-Herald – 1/31/20]