Now Hiring Bus Operators
The Transit Authority of the City of Omaha, d/b/a Metro will be hiring full-time Bus Operators to join our team of professionals.
Training Wage: $13.50/hr. (6 weeks)
Start Wage: $19.88/hr. (after completion of Training)
The successful candidates must:
- Be at least 25 years of age
- Posses a valid driver's license
- Posses and retain a driving record meeting insurance standards
- Be able to work flexible days & hours and perform essential functions of the job
- Pass Company designated training programs
- Obtain a Commercial Driver's License with air brake and passenger endorsement
- Pass Department of Transportation physical, drug screen, and criminal record check
- Posses good attendance and job performance record
Applicants Must Register for Orientation:
CALL APPLICANT HOTLINE ONLY - (402) 951-6519
- Friday January 23rd from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday January 24th from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday January 25th from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Monday January 26th through Thursday January 29th from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
(Registrations after January 29, 2015 will not be accepted)
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”
The Human Resources Director shall be responsible for coordinating the hiring process. There is no employment contract, implicit or explicit, in the Metro's Operating Policy Manual. The Company maintains a Drug and Alcohol Program, and tests for drug and alcohol use. Applications for employment are accepted as labor requirements dictate. Applications will be considered active for forty-five (45) days. For consideration after that, you must reapply. Metro encourages applications from qualified individuals with disabilities. Applicants may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process.
The Transit Authority of the City of Omaha d/b/a Metro, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, sex, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or any other protected basis prohibited by law.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Equal Employment Opportunity Statement of Policy - Message from the Executive Director
- Posibilidad de empleo igual reafirmación de la declaración de la política - Mensaje del director ejecutivo
Metro may use a variety of recruitment techniques, including but not limited to, classified advertisements in newspapers of general circulation, internet postings, employment agencies, executive search firms, school and college placement services, government subsidized sponsored programs, referrals, call-in/walk-in applicants, and retained applicant files.
Metro participates in the E-Verify Program.
To view employment rights under this federal regulation, click the following: