NOW HIRING FULL-TIME PARATRANSIT
The Transit Authority of the City of Omaha, d/b/a METRO will be hiring a full-time Paratransit Scheduling/Dispatch Coordinator to join our team of professionals. The Paratransit Scheduling/Dispatch Coordinator reports to the Paratransit Manager, and is responsible for scheduling and dispatching paratransit van service. Hours may be varied based on client demand and need for coverage, and may include weekends and/or evenings.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Good job performance record
- Valid driver’s license
- Possess and retain a driving record meeting insurance standards
- Good customer relations skills
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of streets in Omaha metropolitan area
- Proficient computer skills (WINDOWS environment)
- Ability to learn proprietary software in a fast paced environment
- Pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Essential Job Functions:
- 1. Book client trips into the paratransit system; schedule client trips and dispatch paratransit vehicles.
- 2. Prepare payroll and payroll exception records for paratransit Operators.
- 3. Enter data into spreadsheets pertaining to paratransit operations and reporting.
- 4. Answer paratransit phone calls to assist clients with trip needs and planning.
- 5. Initiate and answer radio call to assist paratransit Operators with trip and/or emergency needs.
- 6. Complete special projects assigned by the Paratransit Manager and Operations Director.
- 7. Other duties as assigned.
All applicants must apply in person and complete an application at METRO, 2222 Cuming Street, Omaha, Nebraska. Applications will be accepted during the regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. from April 4, 2014 to the close of business on April 25, 2014.
“An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer”
The Personnel Office shall be responsible for coordinating the hiring process. There is no employment contract, implicit or explicit, in the company's Policy Manual. The Company tests for Drug Use. Applications for employment are accepted as manpower requirements dictate. Applications will be considered active for forty-five days. For consideration after that, you must reapply. The company encourages applications from qualified individuals with disabilities. You may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process.
The Transit Authority of the City of Omaha d/b/a Metro Transit, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status or disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Equal Employment Opportunity Statement of Policy - Message from the Executive Director
- Posibilidad de empleo igual reafirmación de la declaración de la política - Mensaje del director ejecutivo
The company may use a variety of recruitment techniques, including classified advertisements, Internet access, employment agencies, executive search firms, school and college placement services, government subsidized sponsored programs, referrals, call-in/walk-in applicants, and retained applicant files.
Metro participates in the E-Verify Program.
To view employment rights under this federal regulation, click the following: